Saturday, June 6, 2009

Triple Combo day

Started out the marathon day with some fishing at Strawberry. Slept in my car so I could be on the water at 5 a.m. and fished till 7 a.m.. The lake is now totally full, in fact the main trail at Horse Creek is covered. The fishing was a bit spotty-which is about what I'd expect considering the water temp is 44. Cutthroats would not chase my fly but would gulp it as soon as it hit the water. The rainbows did chase and hit hard when I was stripping it fast. 12 inch bows fought harder than 17 inch cutts.
Then it was off to Alta to ski Sugarloaf. I was supposed to catch up to some friends who started an hour earlier but later found out they went to the Devil's Castle/Sugarloaf saddle whereas I followed the Sugarloaf lift.
Timp. The Grunge Couloir is that little slit that comes off the North Summit. The top angle is 62 degrees! It almost doesn't look filled in right now but hard to tell. If I can motivate someone to go maybe I'll do it this month.
Looking down from Sugarloaf. Cecret Lake is finally starting to thaw.
Mineral Basin and Pittsburgh Lake
It was really nice corn skiing!
A look back at Sugarloaf and some nice tracks on the shoulder.
I wanted to go climb in American Fork Canyon in the evening but storm clouds rolled in. So instead I climbed at Momentum with my brother Todd (and I didn't care to take gym climbing pics). Here are the boots of the day.









No comments:

Post a Comment