Friday, November 27, 2009

Strawberry and LC

On the way to LC I had to take advantage of some thick morning fog on the berry. Too bad I didn't get up earlier cause I only caught the tail end of it as it burned off around 11. I think the thickest morning fog occurs just before the lake freezes. Just pulled out one fish near the dam casting from shore using a big gay al. Even though fish are so close to the bank when there is fog I am accepting that it's still more effective to be in a boat casting to shore.
Then to LC. Was quite suprised at how many people were there. 2 drift boats and a fleet of toons and tubes. About 10 people there in all. Didn't see anyone catch a thing and many were starting to leave when I arrived around noon. Water temp was 36.
Caught this nice Tiger Trout on a brown articulated leech and 7 sink. Was casting to shore on the east side and using medium speed retrieve. Maybe should have slowed it down more and used the clear camo cause not much happened after that. On the way in, after only fishing for an hour, I saw quite a larger tiger trout rolling around near the shore. Judging by the water temp and others/my own success I didn't feel inclined to keep trying.
So off to chicken creek east at the Berry. Alot of people there around 330 but again nobody catching anything including myself. A dry front passed through but it wasn't windy for some reason. Just calm and relatively warm. I jetted off to Renegade for the last hour of daylight to prove my theory that Renegade Point is one of the best spots on the lake. Sure enough I pulled a fish out on big gay al and clear camo before it got dark. Seems like there is just a huge concentration of fish off that point.


No comments:

Post a Comment